Thursday, April 12, 2007

America America so Wunderbar

I think the biggest difference really is perspective. Sure, honey, it's actually all the same. That doesn't change, though, that there is a difference of perspective which ultimately is affecting your way of life. It kind of does matter whether you see the earth all the way from the moon or whether you are on it, right?!
To put it in other words: I might as well be from another planet. The urge to distance ourselves from America, the American way of life - it is so pathetic and you find it in almost all Europeans except for those who really wanted to be American. Like my sister, for example. She is fine. She knows that it doesn't matter.
I don't, however, and that's why I have to go.
I don't know whether I'll be happier somewhere else but I sure as hell owe it to myself to go and give it a try.
Otherwise I'll probably end up like those petty people who say they just got stuck. As if they couldn't choose.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

"God let you. And you know it, and that's what makes you the girl who followed the whales"


This is my favorite comment of all time.
Thank you, from the bottom of my heart.