Thursday, August 31, 2006

ACS stands for American Cetacean Society

Well, I think it will be lovely news to those who know me that I got the job as Administrative Assistant in the National Headquarters of the oldest cetacean conversation group in the world. :) It's relatively bad money and I could get probably a better paid job as a legal secretary or superstar, but it fits my shoe perfectly well and I am going to take the offer. I'll work on the legal secretary thing too because it will be just a side job kind of thing and very flexible which is perfect for me. That means that I am now a triple language teacher, secretary and musician in the same time. I will try and hook up with this guy who is teaching under previleged kids music for free. I could offer guitar and flute lessons....

It's funny because when I was a kid and a somebody would ask me what I would want to become later I would stubbornly stick to my dream profession to be a capitan on a Greenpeace sailing ship to save the whales and the world. Although my relationship to Greenpeace has grown old by now I think it's quite cool that I can contribute to the sysiphus efforts of trying to raise the public awareness of how important it is to protect whales and their environment, and to bring scientists, the public and public policies together.

And funnily enough the office is in San Pedro, past Long Beach. This means I ll HAVE to move around! An hour long metro ride plus a quite healthy bike ride awaits me...

I can't wait...

2 comments:

chrome said...

cetacean. had to google that one :)

wow P. juggling all dem varied roles. I'm already building a mental profile of your working life.

sysiphus? c'mon man thats cynical! you'll be suprised how many people pay attention to these campaigns.

emeralda said...

well obi, it's good that many people pay attention but it's not good that things don't change really. the fucking corporate monkeys are still pumping shit into the ocean and lets not talk about sound pollution. it's the corporate responsibility that is hard to get going.

it s so funny you know, I read about piscies recently or was it sagittarius in the moon sign? anyways, it had to do with me and it was so funny because it said that i will be most likely to have a lot of different jobs and will change many times. hahaha. this moon sign thing is rather devastating because it hit the nail right on top. haha. whatever. i guess i am what i am for a 'goooood' reason....

take care....

nobody knows cetacean...haha

p