Saturday, August 19, 2006

How money is spent in Hollyweird



As I stated before, in Hollywood you FAKE it when you can't make it.
Never has it occured to me, that helping people to FAKE it therefore is a great market niche for unscruplous people like yours truly naive black forest native.
Just for the heck of it I posted several different job offers on the infamous craigslist (a really great invention!) and went over my days as usual. Until this guy mails me and asks me to teach Julia Roberts' niece how to fake playing guitar.
Now this girl happens to be the Emma Roberts of the Nickelodeon series 'Unfabulous' (hever heard of it but oh well, i am a nasty pop culture illiterate) and has apparently put an entire ALBUM out already, which serves as teh soundtrack for the series.
Wait a minute, did I just say, she has an album out? yes i did. ok. I just wanted to make sure. she is fifteen or so. and she has no idea of singing or playing guitar really. it's amazing. really.
and - it is amazing how they spent 225$ on me for sitting around doing NOTHING. we sat in with her for like maybe 15 minutes all in all, going with her through three songs and then I had to be on set to stand there and motivate/encourage her.

People go like shush! hush! don't say anything wrong! lalallala, she is so great! Emma Roberrts!
And behind the doors 'oh well, just try to motivate her a little, she has a terrible voice and no sense of rhythm but yeah, lalala' and I am like 'wow, so I can't show her how to do it better?' 'no, that's what you are here for!' but then this songwriter Jill takes me to the side and says, she really can't take in so much at one day, just make her look as if...

you get the drift!

when we left i looked at Jill in a very baffled way and she laughed and said, i know, it's an unthankful job. and ridiculous.

I just shook my head. Four hours of doing nothing, free food and 225 $ as a reward for that. Not bad. This city is crazy. The industry is crazy. Those people are crazy.

lets milk crazy cows

1 comment:

chrome said...

boy if you get that on the regular it'll be a wikid hustle! already starting to love hollywood (or my nigerian mind is working overtime)