Friday, August 11, 2006

black and white and pink roses

It's about time to light up. The morning is sweet and the sun greeting better than coffee. I get up and stretch, hop into my jeans that I stole from my 16 year old niece -yeah! - put my notebook (the diary) and Tori Amos' book into my bag and jump on my newly-bought skateboard on my way to Miss Wonderful-light-up-my-day Amanda.
You know, it's funny how life sends you the right people on your way at the right time. I don't know what I would do without her. Seriously. She encourages and supports my take on this love, my struggle to fight the heart break and turn it, instead into an expanding heart. You know... From far away another red-haired lady helps me on my way, I am guided and nurtured and supported by those beautiful women, it is incredible. Thank You. You, up there, in there, around here. Thank you.
So I wave my hello to my friends far away and try not to kill too many people on my way down Hollywood Blvd. It is early in the day so there are not too many tourists. My still not very skilled moves on the skateboard are potentially pretty dangerous.
But fun.
At Ralphs I stop and by the pink rose. It winks at me like a witty lover and I know I have to get it to Amanda. Actually I was going for sunflowers but it's so seductive I can't say no. O-juice, one croissant, just to uphold the tradition of breakfasts and some rasberries, a plum. Ready to go. She still sleeps but her sunshine smile already flirst with the day as soon as she opens the door in her PJ's. A little later we go get coffee at terrible starbucks with the starbucks gift card that those German backpacker girls gave me as a thank you gift. As we walk by a nail/hair studio we stop, spontaneously. Pedicure for her, please, and finally, my legs should get waxed. A little pain here and there :) but smoothness just feels oh so good and the treat too.
'Lame' Jack johnson plays. I feel reminded of days that belonged only to me and me only. Yes. I move on.

No comments: