Monday, August 21, 2006

morning prayer

he said you could help a lot of hopeless people and I fell down on my knees and cried. you look at me with resignation and say fare thee well my love. where is the hope that I could have shown? shhhh, murmurs a voice, close to my heart, hush hush, lullaby. sinking into the chaotic mess of my mind I try to dig and dig and dig and find this space that is supposed to be empty and peacefully quiet but I can't find it, i can't get through!
Finally I go sleeping and my mind is upset about the disturbance, unusual one, it just won't calm down.
I can't sleep I complain and her voice is soothing and clear 'should I take a taxi and come over?' no, no sweetie, it is all good. Good night.
And then I disappear. In the morning my smile is overboardingly refreshing. I smile at myself and say hello my love and I love myself for real in that moment. in a good way. and then his voice, good morning, i love you, whispered, as if still in a dream.
I embrace the moment and let go: good morning prayer.

No comments: